Level: minimum low intermediate, no maximum
Express opinions, support opinions with specific details, reasons, pronounce clearly, use challenging vocabulary, use a variety of sentence patterns
- Watch the teacher's example video clip below. (Teachers, this will work better if you replace my samples with yours.)
- Review the teacher's script:
- I created the mp3 for this ringtone from Leroy Shield's original composition called Confusion. My mp3 is from a CD of Leroy Shield cover tunes, played by the Beau Hunks, a Dutch group specializing in revivalist music. Leroy Shield was the composer of the soundtracks for many 1930's American films, including Laurel & Hardy features and The Little Rascals shorts. I use this ringtone because it sounds like I should hurry up and answer the phone. And, it reminds me of all my childhood favorite film characters: Spanky, Alfalfa, Stymie, Darla, Buckwheat, Porky, Butch, Chubby, and Miss Crabtree.
- Prepare to record your own clip, including the sound of your ringtone and the explanation for it.
- Ultimately, the teacher could splice your classmates' clips together into a class project video.