Level: minimum high beginner, maximum high intermediate
Exercise can/can't plus base form. Exercise topical vocabulary.
- Select a partner.
- Select a topic, for example, Transportation.
- Follow this pattern:
- A. I can ride a bicycle.
- B. But, you can't drive a car.
- B. I can drive a car.
- A. But, you can't walk.
- A. I can walk.
- B. But, you can't take the bus.
- B. I can take the bus . . . .
- If a player can't respond within thirty seconds, the opponent earns a point. Then, the winner gets to select a new topic.