Level: minimum beginner, no maximum
Ice breaker, improve memorization skills, exercise the collocation: like/likes + gerund
- Sit in a circle.
- Teacher begins: My name is Lisa. My first initial is the letter L. Something I like that begins with L is LAUGHING.
- Student to the left continues: (pointing) Her name is Lisa. She likes LAUGHING. (Lisa stands up if the student is not correct--Lisa repeats her introduction and sits down. The student must begin again). My name is __________. My first initial is the letter ____. Something I like that begins with ____ is __________. Next student to the left: (pointing) Her name is Lisa. She likes LAUGHING. (pointing) His/her name is __________. He/she likes ___________. My name is ... etc.
- The last student should be able to introduce ALL classmates correctly:)
- The teacher must also be able to introduce ALL students correctly.
Practice being in front of the class, writing on the board, anticipating and phrasing questions.
- Teacher models the game, writes five mysterious keywords about herself. Numbers could be age, shoe size, siblings, who knows? Names could be for people, places, etc.
- Students phrase questions (TV game Jeopardy style) to match the mysterious answers on the board. When the students have guessed all the questions correctly, the teacher sits down and calls on the first student to continue.